Sunday, May 1, 2011

Geoff's perspective

Just a quick note of the aftermath... before I went to bed, I could barely walk, bend over, sit down, etc. It hurt to do EVERYTHING; however, after a wonderful IcyHot application and a good night's rest, I feel a lot better today. My knees are still sore and I've come to the decision that I'm only going to run two marathons a years. I also found something out that's really neat and kinda boosts my esteem. According to the Nashville Marathon website, my Garmin watch was unofficially correct. Even though I covered the course in 4:03 officially, my watch monitors my EVERY move--meaning, every sway from side to side having to get around slower runners is counted towards the final distance. It literally monitors every corner that wasn't cut! So in my mind, I did meet my goal of breaking 4 hours! 3:59:30 is what I'll go by! :-) Next race: San Antonio - November!

No comments:

Post a Comment