Friday, May 13, 2011

Planting pictures and a Cake or two...



So, the last blog entry only had a few pictures of the garden. Here are the rest...








She really tried, but Cara really wasn't much of a helper.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, last night (May 12th), Geoff's unit had a Ball. Because he's a lowly lieutenant, he was voluntold to go.
I wasn't really sure how to wear my hair or whatever, but i figured it out. It was nice because the theme was denim and diamonds, so i didn't have to go out and buy a fancy gown. 
I was worried that i wouldn't have anyone to talk to because Geoff's fairly new to his unit, and he was deployed, so i haven't really had much chance to meet anyone yet. Fortunately, his roommate from Afghanistan, Danny and his wife Kristina were there. I've talked to them before :)
Unfortunately, we were seated at different tables. It turned out okay though. The people at our table were nice. Sergeant Racy (not sure how it's really spelled) made me laugh a few times. She's pretty young looking, but she wears THICK glasses. She put them on so she could see one of the powerpoint slides and she was drinking coffee. It made her look like an old lady. Kind of funny.
As with all military balls, or just military ceremonies in general,  they have to take forever to talk about things that no one really cares about. One guy really spoke for over thirty minutes, and i don't really recall what he spoke about.
John and Mandy babysat for us. It was nice, but they called at about 8:45 with Cara SCREAMING in the background. So, we headed to clarksville to pick her up. She was in the tub with Makenna when we got there, so that calmed her down a little, but after she figured out that i was there, she didn't want anything to do with the bath tub anymore. 


Of course we don't have any pictures of us together, because we're dorks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




So, today we went grocery shopping. We went to Aldi's. I swear Geoff should be paid at least a dollar for every time he mentions the store. We would be millionaires. I'm not going to say any more about it because i'm sure Geoff will tell you everything you need to know about it the next time he blogs.
Anyway, while we were at Aldi's i realized that Jake Gallagher's birthday party was this weekend, as in... TOMORROW, and i hadn't started the cake yet. I had it planned out, i was going to make the frosting on Thursday, bake the cake on Friday and frost it. Well, fortunately i remembered this morning!
So, i spent all day working on them, but i'm happy with the way they turned out. I made one for everyone and i made one just for Jake.
It was nice. Geoff cleaned the house and (kind of) watched Cara. I almost killed her a few times for touching the cake, but we all survived.
So, i was on the phone with my mom today and told her my plans for the cake... she suggested i turn a cupcake upside down on top and turn it into a volcano. (My mother's a genius...)
It turned out very well.
Here is a little photographic evidence...
Jake's personal cake

The cake for everyone else

I like the lava flowing down...

Both of Jake's Cakes


No comments:

Post a Comment