Wednesday, June 1, 2011

So Geoff and I were fortunate enough to come to San Antonio and visit family. We dropped Cara off with Grammy and left for the Carolinas. Our good friend, Kim, from AIT (at Fort Sam) just got married in the Columbia, SC temple. It was such a great experience. Kim was beautiful in her dress, and Austin seems like a great guy. His family was so nice and welcoming to Geoff and I. They were so grateful that we introduced Kim to the church. I felt like the paparazzi, I took so many pictures of them!



So, after the sealing, we had a few hours to get up to the reception, so we stopped by Fort Jackson. That's where I went to basic training. It was so weird to drive by my old barracks again. We saw some soldiers outside of the little px and their weapons were stacked in the tripods with the weapons guards out, and we saw another group doing combatives in the tire pits. Ahh.... good(ish) memories. So glad i'm done and never have to do that again.

So we arrived early to the reception, so we decided to help out. It was nice meeting Kim's mom. I felt like I already knew her. She knew a lot about us. She asked us about things I hadn't thought about in a while. Everyone was so nice. ...And their cake was beautiful! A lady from Austin's ward at church made it for them.
(all of my pictures are totally out of order...)

Kim in her dress
(We made her take the train down)

The cake

Columbia South Carolina Temple

The cake again

Geoff

Kim & Austin right after the ring ceremony

Kim's stepdad Roger getting ready to walk her to the ring ceremony

About to cut the cake

"Oh, let's use forks and be nice..."

Kim and her grandpa

Their car was sabotaged

See the shaving cream over the handles... and the windows, and the wheels... and....

Opening gifts

Geoff was SUPER excited to see an ALDI's bag...

Kim's side of the family

Kim's family and Austin's parents

Getting pelted with birdseed

BYE!!!



So before we left for the wedding, everyone here in San Antonio was at work or at school, so the Carmichaels headed to Sea World! ... for FREE! 
They just built a little splash park/kiddie zone. Cara wasn't quite sure what to think at first.

Mom & Cara at the entrance

Cara's not sure what to think...

"Smile!"

Cara & Daddy playing

Add caption

Splish Splash

"Hey, this isn't so bad...!"



Cara finally decided the splash park wasn't so bad. We looked at the schedule, and there was a Sesame street show coming up, so Cara got to see Elmo, Zoe, Cookie Monster, Bert & Ernie dance and sing. She loved it. Then after the show you could get your picture taken with Elmo for just a small fortune, so we decided to pass. Later, we got to see Cookie monster and Zoe, and then Bert and Ernie. We got pictures with them. Cara wasn't really sure. Bert tried to shake her hand and she almost cried.




Cookie, Mommy, Cara, and Zoe
Bert & Ernie, Momma & Cara



Well, I had more written, and it disappeared, so I'm going to bed and I'll update more later. But for now, I hope you guys enjoy keeping up with the Carmichaels
-Camilla

No comments:

Post a Comment